Where is the current opportunity and challenge for programmatic marketing in Austria? In this translated excerpt from the German publication Werbeplanung.at, Viktor Zawadzki, Region Manager, DACH, for MediaMath, says that one still untapped opportunity in the region is data management.
“A large area in which advertisers still limit themselves is data management,” Zawadzki says. He recommends a data management platform to bring more structure to all of the data that lives inside an organization. “Very few have so far managed their internal databases to connect so that they have a holistic perspective on their internal processes and their interaction with external activities.”
Zawadzki admits that it is not lack of willingness but simply a matter of the complexity of an undertaking like this. In Germany, programmatic marketing has yet to be adopted as the standard for media buying. In the rest of the world, marketers are making giant strides. “In North America, in 2016, already 63 percent of spending on display ads is made programmatically, and the UK is also positioning itself as an aggressive growth driver, spending two billion pounds,” he says. “We see in the United States that analog channels such as print, out-of-home, radio or connected TV are now able to be bought programmatically.”
For more on how marketers can better manage their data, read the following posts:
- Watch the Recording of our “Making Better Data Investments in 2016” Webinar
- Online Ad Company MediaMath Launches New Unit Focused On Customer Data
- Part I: What New Year’s Resolutions Should Digital Marketers Make for 2016?
- Part II: What New Year’s Resolutions Should Digital Marketers Make for 2016?
- 3 Ways to Think About Location Data in Your Marketing Efforts
- You Can Have Lots of Data & Still Suck At Marketing
- Infographic: 4 Stats from the 2015 Global Review of Data-Driven Marketing and Advertising