Mediaweek - A Live Virtual Summit Apr 14-16, 2021
The Premier Summit for Media, Marketing and Agency Executives
The rapid transformation of media presents ad buyers and sellers with a dizzying array of digital platforms and specialized tech stacks that can deliver both targeted messaging and dynamic experiences to clients and customers.
Join Adweek for Mediaweek to hear from the industry’s leading brand marketers and ad buyers on mar tech and ad tech best practices, along with the challenges and opportunities that come with building a future-forward media marketing strategy.
Date and Time:: April 14th, 2021 from 11:35am-11:55am EST
- Workshops: 10:00 – 11:00am ET
- Main Stage: 11:00am – 1:45pm ET
- Masterclasses: 11:00am – 1:45pm ET
- Networking: 11:00am – 1:45pm ET
AdAge Panel Apr 26, 2021
Panel: How to fix data chaos, build a lasting strategy, and save millions.
Panel Description: More data. More technology. More partners. Continuing silos. For brands, accurate and reliable customer data is a must to keep up with the competition, and with the fast-changing media environment. But too often companies are building complex marketing stacks that don’t really work. The result? Expensive “data chaos” and wasted ad spend. The consequences of this data mismanagement—and the subsequent missed opportunities—will only be amplified in the coming cookie-less world. How can you create data “harmony”—and enable more personalized marketing that drives results?
Join Anudit Vikram, chief product officer of MediaMath, and Michael Schoen, senior VP and general manager of marketing solutions at Neustar, as they share real-life examples of how data chaos can impact business results. They’ll discuss the challenges of customer data management in an age of privacy regulation and data deprecation, and offer strategies to regain control and improve business results.
Date & Time: April 26, 2021 at 12:00-12:30PM CET
- Anudit Vikram, Chief Product Officer, MediaMath
- Michael Schoen, Senior VP and General Manager of Marketing Solutions, Neustar
IAB Tech Lab: Safe Supply Chain: Powered By Transparency Apr 27-28, 2021
Panel: The State of Sell-side Transparency – Are We Moving in the Right Direction?
Panel Description: Huge strides have been made to secure the digital advertising ecosystem over the past few years, but the fight continues against ongoing threats of ad fraud and malware as the latest ad technology standards get implemented. This event will showcase the industry standards for supply and demand chain transparency. As part of the path to an improved ecosystem, we will dive into updates including expanded support for new media channels and new programmatic RTB (real-time bidding) and automated guaranteed features.
Attendees will walk away with practical knowledge about remaining supply chain vulnerabilities and a better understanding of buy-side transparency and input for programmatic product roadmaps in 2021. IAB Tech Lab will also highlight transparency use cases that are made simpler with the new industry data repository: the Transparency Center
Date: April 27 and April 28, 2021
Time: 3 PM CET/9 AM EDT/6 AM PDT
- Thomas Mendrina, Senior Director, Publisher Central Europe, Xandr
- Mazen Mroue, Head of Global Digital Factory, FrieslandCampina
- Jules Kendrick, MD, UK & Europe, Trustworthy Accountability Group
- Jana Gokalp, Vice President International, New Business & Partnerships, MediaMath
- Amit Shetty, Vice President, Programmatic Products & Partnerships, IAB Tech Lab
IAB Europe CTV Event Apr 29, 2021
Panel: The Programmatic Opportunity for CTV
The Virtual CTV Event is a series of panel discussions and market deep dives to explore this emerging and exciting digital advertising channel. With such a fragmented CTV landscape across Europe, this is a must-attend event to truly understand the opportunities and challenges of the ecosystem. Topics on the agenda include the programmatic opportunity for CTV, user consent and privacy within CTV and market developments and differences across Europe.
Date & Time: April 29, 2021 at 12:00PM CET
How to fix data chaos, build a lasting strategy, and save millions May 5, 2021
More data. More technology. More partners. Continuing silos. For brands, accurate and reliable customer data is a must to keep up with the competition, and with the fast-changing media environment. But too often companies are building complex marketing stacks that don’t really work. The result? Expensive “data chaos” and wasted ad spend. The consequences of this data mismanagement—and the subsequent missed opportunities—will only be amplified in the coming cookie-less world.
How can you create data “harmony”—and enable more personalized marketing that drives results? Join Anudit Vikram, chief product officer of MediaMath, and Michael Schoen, senior VP and general manager of marketing solutions at Neustar, as they share real-life examples of how data chaos can impact business results. They’ll discuss the challenges of customer data management in an age of privacy regulation and data deprecation, and offer strategies to regain control and improve business results.
Date: May 5, 2021
- Anudit Vikram, Chief Product Officer, MediaMath
- Michael Schoen, Senior VP and General Manager, Marketing Solutions, Neustar
TV Transformed hosted by TVSquared May 11-12, 2021
The rise of CTV and programmatic in Europe.
The TV industry has squeezed 10 years of change into one pandemic year, forever resetting standards and expectations across the buy and sell sides, from advertisers to agencies, publishers, MVPDs, data companies and other tech players. Together with TVSquared, TV is being transformed through action and impact and we all play a vital role in re-writing its global opportunity. Over two-days, TVSquared will host live, candid discussions across all sides of the TV ecosystem, unveiling platform insights and resetting the expectations for today, tomorrow and the future.
- Viktor Zawadzki, General Manager EMEA & APAC, MediaMath
- Sarah Lewis, Senior Director, Head of Agency EMEA, SpotX
- Emmanuelle Vayssettes, Director & Head of Media Revenue Ops Intl, FreeWheel
Date and Time: May 11 – May 12
Programmatic Pioneers May 25, 2021
Opening Key note: Revealing the major advertising trends: How can you best adapt your programmatic strategy to capitalize on these new marketing opportunities?
Date & Time: May 25, 2021, 9:35AM CET
- Sir Martin Sorrell, Senior Monk, Founder & Executive Chairman, S4 Capital
- Joe Zawadzki, Founder & CEO, MediaMath
IAB ALM Mar 9, 2021
ALM, IAB’s annual leadership meeting, is the central thought leadership venue for senior voices across the marketing and advertising ecosystems. Each year more than a thousand digital leaders come together at this always sold-out event to advance the interests of the industry through powerful debate, discussion, and agenda-setting. This year’s event will be a virtual weeklong summit presented in multiple formats including a main stage, town halls, interactive roundtables, and content-specific tracks programmed around key areas of industry focus
Date & Time: March 9, 2021 at 9:00AM – 9:30AM PT
- Anudit Vikram, Chief Product Officer, MediaMath
- Sarah Fay, Managing Director, Glasswing Ventures
- Tom Kershaw, Chief Technology Officer, Magnite Inc.
- Bob Lord, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Ecosystems & Blockchain, IBM
- Raja Rajamannar, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, President of Healthcare, Mastercard
The Drum Digital Transformation Festival Mar 22 - 26, 2021
With the demise of the third-party cookie imminent on both chrome and within the Apple mobile ecosystem, there are seismic changes on the horizon that may challenge advertisers’ abilities to reach consumers and threaten publishers’ already fragile revenue streams. How should we best prepare for these changes? How do we best protect the open web? And, how can common IDs provide a solution that is actually better than the current third-party cookie ecosystem? TheDrum and Media Math explore all of these questions, their implications and how best to choose new identity partners.
Date & Time: March 22 – 26, 2021 (session will be pre-recorded in March)
Format: 20-30 minute video panel session
- Tim Wilcox, Managing Director, Dentsu
- Joanna Burton, Chief Strategy Officer, ID5
- Viktor Zawadzki, General Manager EMEA & APAC
Brand Safety, Data Insights Mar 25, 2021
The upheaval of 2020 has caused brands to put extra pressure on agencies to protect brand equity and ad spend. But many strategies result in overblocking, which is not the most effective way to maintain brand safety; IAB research shows advertising on news sites works. 84% of consumers feel that advertising within the news either increases or maintains brand trust. There are emerging tactics that marketers can leverage and brand suitability tools that deliver timely insights to ensure they’re advertising, safely, where their consumers are plentiful and engaged.
Another trend we saw last year was the ad industry taking a significantly more reactive role, adapting to world events and rapidly shifting consumer behaviors and priorities. What remained constant through the chaos was the importance of data & insights. By harnessing the value of readership data to power contextual strategies, agencies can unlock their audiences and deliver stronger results to customers.
Join us as we reflect on the important lessons from last year and shed light on how to best understand and reach customers in 2021 with the right strategies around brand safety and data & insights.
Date & Time: March 25, 2021 – From 2:00PM – 3:00PM
- Jamie Penkethman, Sr. Director of Product Marketing, MediaMath
- Yoni Epstein, Product Director, Taboola
- Paul Harraghy, VP of Sales, North America, Taboola
- Jennifer Langan, Head of Product Marketing, Taboola
- Robin Shore, Senior Manager of Demand Partnerships, Taboola
- Cameron Skinner, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Taboola
- Anna Zapesochini, VP of Product, Brand Safety & Geo DoubleVerify
- Valerie Zeltser, VP of Client Services, BidSwitch
IAB APAC Webinar March, 2021
Panel: “What does transparency mean in 2021 for SEA & India?
According to the recent interim report of the digital advertising services inquiry by competition watchdog the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission., a lack of competition and transparency in the digital advertising technology supply chain is impacting publishers, advertisers and consumers. The ACCC is concerned that the presence of conflicts of interest can result in poor outcomes for advertisers and publishers. Google’s leading position across the entire ad tech supply chain means it has attracted conflict of interest concerns of this kind. Advertisers do not know how much of their own advertising spend reaches publishers, and publishers do not know how much advertisers are paying for their own inventory. This highlights the need for an alliance of agencies, brands, tech companies to create an accountable and addressable supply chain designed to help digital marketing perform better in the long term for everyone. The principles: accountability, addressability and alignment between advertisers and content owners. Learn the results this coalition has seen to date, how the rules they are designing are being rolled out into the standard for the industry and how you can get involved. Join us to hear from Dentsu on how they help their brands bring more transparency for their media spend and how a SSP like PubMatic does the same for publishers.
- June Oh, Regional Director, Account & Partnership Development MediaMath
- Susi Pokar, SVP, Performance Marketing, Dentsu (PMI account)
- PubMatic – Sudipto Das, VP, Advertising Solutions APAC
LiveRamp Webinar with Dennis Publishing March, 2021
There’s so much noise in the industry about the cookieless future that it’s left publishers feeling concerned and confused about who to partner with and what steps to take to ensure they can operate successfully in 2022. However, focusing on the tech has distracted from the simple issue at the heart of this, which is simply that publishers need to find better ways to monetise and connect with their advertisers.
The death of the cookie isn’t instantly going to put publishers out of business, but it could make their inventory less valuable to marketers. If this happens they’ll need to create more inventory to try and generate more revenue and pages will become cluttered and unappealing, which is in no one’s interests.
Whilst publishers have been hearing endlessly that they need to invest in first-party data, the reality is if they don’t have the capabilities to unlock insights from it then they’re missing out on major value.
- Viktor Zawadzki, GM EMEA at Mediamath
- Daniel Powell-Rees, Revenue Operations Director at Dennis
- Ryan Afshar, Head of Publishers, UK, LiveRamp
2020 kicked off with one of the most fundamental technology advances our industry has seen in many years, the announcement that third-party cookies were to be depleted. One year on and there is still much debate around how the ‘post-cookie era’ will affect future business models in the digital advertising industry and what alternative solutions are being developed.
Fortunately, IAB Europe released a ‘Guide to the Post Third-Party Cookie Era’ in May 2020, to provide a level-setting background into the use of digital advertising cookies, the contributing factors to their depletion, and an overview of the alternative solutions that were available. As solutions have evolved, this guide has now been updated to provide the most up to date guidance on market alternatives to third-party cookies.
In this webinar on 23rd February, we will provide information about the updated Guide and will introduce a panel of experts, who will discuss the evolution of digital advertising in a post third-party cookie era.
This webinar is a follow up to the IAB’s Post Third-Party Cookie Guide released earlier this year, you can view it here.
- Date & Time: 23RD February, 3pm GMT
- Jamie Penkethman, Senior Director, Product Marketing, MediaMath
- David Goddard, Senior Director, Business Development, EMEA, DoubleVerify & Chair of IAB Europe’s Programmatic Trading Committee (Moderator)
- Carlotta Zorzi, Global Brand Partnerships, Oracle Data Cloud
- Richard Nicolson, Head of EMEA Marketplace Development, Index Exchange
- Jakob Bak, Co-Founder & Director, Adform
- Garrett McGrath, VP Product Management, Magnite
With a number of key changes on the horizon, including the DoubleClick campaign manager (DCM) ID redaction, third-party cookie deprecation, plus regulatory and device updates, having a clear strategy to adapt your media plan will create a competitive advantage.
eMarketer was pleased to moderate a Tech-Talk Webinar featuring LiveRamp’s Travis Clinger, senior vice president, addressability and ecosystem, and Konrad Gerszke, president of MediaMath, for this Tech-Talk Webinar. They layed out a clear roadmap to help you adapt your media plan for the evolving data privacy landscape.
- Date & Time: 23RD February, 2pm ET/7pm GMT
- Konrad Gerszke, President, MediaMath
- Travis Clinger, SVP of Addressability and Ecosystem, LiveRamp
- Marissa Coslov, Vice President of Business Development, eMarketer (Moderator)
Your customers care about data privacy. So should your advertising strategy. Join Killi as we discuss how First Party Data can and will elevate your marketing strategy. Neil Sweeney, CEO and Founder of Killi, sits down with data gurus from the AdTech ecosystem to discuss the future of data targeting.
Date: Thursday, Feb. 25th from 12-1pm EST.
45 minutes for discussion, another 15 minutes for Q&A.
- Anudit Vikram, Chief Product Officer, MediaMath
- Neil Sweeney, CEO & Founder, Killi
- Jessica Simpson, SVP, Global Data & Tech Strategy, Publicis Media Exchange
- Timur Yarnall, CEO & Co-Founder, Neutronian
- Ye Wang, Global Data Strategy Director, Nissan United Global
- Sarah Polli, Director, Martech Solutions, Hearts & Science