On May 25, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will take effect in the European Union. The GDPR was created to strengthen consumer privacy protections and contains a number of important requirements for businesses that collect and process data about EU and EEA consumers.
MediaMath has a long history of compliance with European data protection standards and is actively preparing to be compliant with the GDPR when it comes into force. Our Data Policy & Governance and Legal teams are working with external counsel, industry groups and other companies to assess the GDPR’s requirements and design the right mix of administrative and technical solutions to support our clients. We have also taken on an industry leadership role as chair of the IAB Europe Working Group on Consent, to bring together advertisers, publishers and technology providers to develop effective compliance solutions for the entire digital marketing industry. In addition, we have designed, built and deployed our products and services to help businesses comply with applicable European regulations while achieving true business outcomes.
MediaMath supports the fundamental aims of the GDPR and is committed to working with regulators and self-regulatory organizations to meet the GDPR’s requirements. We will help marketers continue to deliver customer-centric, relevant and meaningful marketing experiences across channels, formats and devices, in ways that protect consumers’ personal data.
MediaMath encourages its clients to start planning for the GDPR as soon as possible. If you have questions about MediaMath’s approach to GDPR compliance, please refer to the Knowledge Base or ask your MediaMath account manager to share your questions with our Data Policy & Governance team.
Certified industry organizations, codes and frameworks of which MediaMath is a part:
- EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shields
- European Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) and its counterparts in the US (DAA) and Canada (DAAC)
- Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Europe, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Mexico, Singapore, the US and the UK, and serves on the IAB UK Board of Directors
- Bundesverband Digitale Wirtschaft (BVDW)
- Direct Marketing Association in the UK and US
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI)
- Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG)