As a MediaMath partner in programmatic creative, we help advertisers leverage customer data and brand content to personalize ads for maximum relevance to consumers. How exactly does this work, and what are the finer benefits to advertisers? Below, we answer these and other commonly asked questions about programmatic creative so that you can further explore if this solution is a fit for your brand.
- What is programmatic creative?
Programmatic creative allows brands to serve smarter, data-driven creative and to streamline the creative build process to maximize efficiencies. By integrating data, machine learning and automation in the creative process, programmatic creative enables marketers to efficiently deliver more resonant brand experiences in their digital advertising.
- How does programmatic creative benefit advertisers?
These capabilities allow advertisers to efficiently generate relevant creative at scale, which consistently yields significant increases in performance.
- Increased relevance of each creative through data-driven personalized messaging across the entire funnel
- Unified creative and media execution—serving the right creative to the right person at the right time
- Leverage existing first- and third-party data assets to tailor messaging to your brand’s users and audiences
- Lower operational costs of creative development
- What type of clients are a good fit for programmatic creative?
Programmatic creative benefits all advertisers but is particularly well-suited to benefit advertisers running high-volume campaigns that incorporate multiple creative variations or tailored creative based on dynamic triggers such as product feeds, first- or third-party data, local weather or audience segments.
- What are some examples of programmatic creative use cases?
Prospecting Idea Starters
- Feature weekly top products in a carousel unit
- Show different ads based on the weather or geography
- Manage updates to promotional messaging through a single always-on campaign
- Feature different products on different sites using contextual targeting
- Fine-tune creative messaging with third-party data (e.g. audience, sports scores, etc.)
Remarketing Idea Starters
- Connect consumers to past shopping behavior with last product seen
- Remind user of abandoned cart items
- Feature trending products by DMA
- Run promotions for loyalty customers with first-party data
- Leverage advertiser’s recommendation engine in media execution
Featured Campaign: Tennessee Tourism
Approach: Spongecell and agency of record developed Tennessee Department of Tourist Development’s Matchmaker Campaign, featuring over 2,000 personalized vacation video spots tailored to consumers’ online behavior, likes and interests and targeted to consumers exclusively within driving distance of Tennessee. TDTD leveraged Spongecell’s programmatic creative technology to effortlessly compile thousands of 45-second vacation videos, which were built from combining 8-second attraction videos from its vast library.
Results: In only two weeks after campaign launch, TDTD saw a 46 percent increase in web traffic and 12,000 trip itineraries were created. The campaign’s innovative approach to data-driven storytelling was awarded a Silver Lion in Creative Data Enhancement and a Bronze Lion in Data Storytelling at Cannes 2016.
- Does use of programmatic creative enhance performance?
Both marketers and audiences agree—the personalized messaging made possible by programmatic creative has a powerful positive impact on campaign performance and brand perception. Spongecell clients running programmatic creative have seen an increase in in-store revenue and conversions as well as other KPIs such as engagement rate, website traffic and click-through rate.
When senior marketers worldwide were asked to list the leading benefits of programmatic creative, 56 percent responded higher response and engagement rates and 47 percent responded more timely and relevant interactions, according to eMarketer. Similarly, 46 percent of polled consumers praised personalized ads for reducing irrelevant advertising.
It’s no secret that technology is making it possible to be able to execute personalization strategies in a scalable way.