Almost a year after we launched our digital supply chain clean-up initiative SOURCE by MediaMath, we’ve been recognized as a Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for the third year in a row, based on our completeness of vision and ability to execute. Download the report here.
At MediaMath, we do not try to be the best at everything—we try to do what’s best for our customers. Our philosophy of bringing a product to market focuses on supporting brands and agencies by fully delivering on things we can do best ourselves and partnering on other capabilities that are not core to MediaMath. We know what our capabilities are—they include:
- Focus on curated ecosystem: We were first to market with supply path optimization and the only DSP that takes a robust approach to active supply chain management and stands committed to building a 100% accountable, addressable and aligned supply chain. This supply chain includes complete, granular publisher-level transparency into all fees and costs that inform real-time optimizations or quick supply path optimization modifications. We’ve moved several major clients over to SOURCE and have hundreds of publishers making trusted, quality, inventory available, including news and minority-owned sites to help brands support healthy, diverse content in an age of misinformation, hate and propaganda.
- Data science-driven innovation: Over the past year, we’ve overhauled our Brain machine learning algorithm to be more scalable and spend less time learning and more time optimizing. The latest iteration looks at both media variables as well as user variables to predict auction rates more accurately. Over time, Brain learns predictive features such as publisher, exchange or creative size, yielding more media efficiency for brands and their agencies.
- Big brands choose MediaMath: We service both large, enterprise brands and agencies, from major holding companies to independents. We also are inventory-agnostic as far as from whom we source quality supply and have a breadth of expertise via consultative experts who maximize client value from campaigns, platform features and functionalities. We custom build for our clients, execute for our clients and immerse ourselves in their businesses.
The areas in which we have been working to grow our expertise and offerings, both through building internally and partnering externally, in addition to how we’ve pivoted our business to account for market forces these last few months, include:
- Omnichannel addressability with CTV: We are committed to providing transparency, integrated, omnichannel addressability and direct connection between clients and publishers through our CTV offering. We’ve announced key partnerships with TVSquared, with whom we are evolving our measurement capabilities, Hulu, who provides differentiated inventory, and Tru Optik (watch the Beet.TV interview with their CEO and Co-Founder and Andre Swanston talking about our partnership here). Our identity work, including our partnership with LiveRamp to integrate their IdentityLink into our bidder, will associate CTVs with users and their other devices to enable true omnichannel marketing and measurement and add a household-level association to people and devices to enable more powerful attribution and features that appeal to linear buyers.
- Partnership during uncertain times: COVID was an event none of us could have expected. Our MediaMath teams quickly adjusted to ensure we could provide top-notch service and support to clients and their agencies while working remotely across the globe. We have created custom dashboards for clients and continue to monitor the landscape to identify any change that could impact performance, CPMs and more (some of it is tracked on this public-facing microsite here). We have chosen to meet the transformation needs of the industry and our business in terms of scale and proven operational expertise in several key new hires in sales, product, finance and HR.
- Clients and partners: MediaMath has focused on fewer, bigger direct brand relationships and relied on a reinvigorated “with, though, and to” channel strategy with our agency partners. We have also whittled down the number of direct partners with whom we work, driven by GDPR and CCPA on one hand where quality partners tend to attract quality media, and the need for explicit roadmap alignment to drive SOURCE which demanded more focused attention.
Clients—across industry verticals—acknowledge the importance and need of an accountable, addressable and aligned supply chain to drive performance, especially during tumultuous times in which budgets are being even more scrutinized. We commit to quality and focus as we build for what our clients need.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Ad Tech, Andrew Frank, Lizzy Foo Kune and Eric Schmitt [Sept. 21, 2020]