Software Engineer III - Remote (US)
Location: Remote, New York, New York, United States
Updated on: August 09, 2022
MediaMath’s mission is to help innovative marketers delight their customers and drive real business outcomes. Over 9,500 marketers in 42 countries use our enterprise solution to reach the right user with the right message for the right price, wherever they are. These are the leading brands and agencies in the world who rely on MediaMath to provide technology, services and leadership to help them continue to transform their marketing practices and compete in a quickly changing industry. Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in “programmatic” advertising, MediaMath has been recognized as a leader in the space in four independent evaluations over the last two years. MediaMath has offices in 16 cities worldwide and is headquartered in New York City.
Our digital advertising platform leverages massive amounts of data using AI and machine learning principles, enabling the quickest and most intelligent online ad space bidding in real time, 24/7. We leverage both public cloud and eight managed data centers around the world to maximize the return on every marketing dollar spent by our customers.
The Role We are searching for a talented Software Engineer to join our Audience Segmentation and Onboarding team. We ingest, process, and store 500,000 user events per second, and provide real-time querying over these datasets. We deploy our microservices continuously to the Cloud with a focus on quality and stability. Our group is dedicated to the craft of engineering and a culture of continuous learning and improvement. We are looking for open-minded individuals who take pride in delivering innovative solutions at scale while also embracing ambiguity.
Skills You Bring
· Proficiency with server-side/middle-tier languages, frameworks, libraries, and related technologies: (e.g. Go, Java, Spring Boot)
· Full grasp of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning
· Appreciation for and alignment to standard software good practices regarding documentation, formatting, secure application development, test coverage, containerization, code reviews, etc.
· Familiarity with microservices architecture
· Strong background in unit testing and/or automated testing
· Experience with Cloud (e.g. AWS)
· Experience with CI/CD
· A proven understanding of Agile software development methodologies
· Active interest in new technology and emerging engineering practices
· Experience collaborating in a team environment to develop, deploy, and support key applications and features
· Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to tackle issues and work through ambiguous situations
· Can communicate in various settings; one-on-one, small, and large groups, with peers and senior management
· Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· The desire to be organized, highly responsive and committed to quality
Nice to Haves
· Proficiency in object-oriented and functional programming languages (e.g. Go, Java, Scala, Clojure, Python)
· Experience with high-performance, low-latency NoSQL databases (e.g. Aerospike, ScyllaDB)
· Experience with event streams (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis)
· Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g. Terraform, Chef)
· Experience with containerization and container orchestration (e.g. Docker, ECS, Kubernetes)
· Experience with build, test, deploy automation (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI)
· Comfortable with SQL and relational databases (e.g. Postgres)
· Comfortable with Unix/Linux operating systems
· 3-8+ years of software engineering experience
· BS degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field with 5+ years of professional software development experience or MS degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field with 3+ years of professional software development experience
· Able to own development of multiple features or a moderately sized sub-system. Contribute to the software design process by understanding, analyzing and troubleshooting requirements for own work. Solid contribution in design and planning discussions.
· Ability to solve ambiguous development tasks successfully. Demonstrate creativity and take initiative in solving complex problems.
· Accurately estimate time and effort required for assigned technical tasks and provide regular status updates.
· Achieve strong understanding of the business rationale and client need being addressed in the project; collaborate with Product Managers to build the right product that clients need.
· Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, test plans, and well-written code following coding standards.
· Have strong attention to detail and flexibility for quickly switching between projects as required.
· Proactive in holding others (and yourself) accountable.
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are three values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Win Together, Obsess Over Growth, and Do Good, Better. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work.
Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in "programmatic" advertising, MediaMath is recognized as a Leader in the Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Ad Tech and has won Best Account Support by a Technology Company for two years in a row in the AdExchanger Awards.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law