Software Engineer I
Location: Remote, New York, New York, United States
Updated on: July 27, 2022
Software Engineer I
0-3yrs experience in software development, ideally in an agile environment. Typically requires either:
· BA/BS Degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field with little or no professional experience beyond college / university.
· 1-3yrs professional experience in a software engineering field.
· Working alone or pairing with other engineers to write clean code with an eye for performance and scalability.
· Maintain or refactor the UI code base.
· Working closely with product management to help identifying technical limitations when dealing with product requirements.
· Perform limited development assignments and related tasks, including documentation and testing according to requirements and team standards.
· Reviewing pull requests by other developers and giving constructive feedback
· Participating in refinement sessions to assess user stories, give feedback to product manager and provide estimates in story points.
· Giving daily updates in daily stand-up sessions with the team.
· Helping in solving incidents / defects that occur within the UI.
Knowledge / Skills
· Basic understanding of software engineering and computer science.
· Knowledge of object-oriented software design.
· Experience with source control systems (Git / GitHub)
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Able to reliably follow instructions and work with due care and attention, taking responsibility for delivery and quality of work.
· Able to quickly learn, understand and work within standard company processes.
· Have strong attention to detail and flexibility for quickly switching between projects as required.
· Able to communicate ideas, activities or results effectively, whether verbally or in written format.
· Able to give and receive helpful feedback; willing to take direction well.
· Have good time management skills and a strong work ethic.
· Prepared to be flexible in working practices, within reasonable company requirements.
Nice to Have:
· Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) methods and tools such as CircleCI
· Experience with package managers like npm or yarn.
· Knowledge about Testing Frameworks like Jest and React Testing Library.
· Familiarity with Typescript
· Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS and Kubernetes.
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are three values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Win Together, Obsess Over Growth, and Do Good, Better. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work.
Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in "programmatic" advertising, MediaMath is recognized as a Leader in the Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Ad Tech and has won Best Account Support by a Technology Company for two years in a row in the AdExchanger Awards.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.