Software Engineer I - Remote
Location: Remote, Bangalore, India
Updated on: August 09, 2022
MediaMath’s mission is to help innovative marketers delight their customers and drive real business outcomes. Over 9,500 marketers in 42 countries use our enterprise solution to reach the right user with the right message for the right price, wherever they are. These are the leading brands and agencies in the world who rely on MediaMath to provide technology, services and leadership to help them continue to transform their marketing practices and compete in a quickly changing industry. Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in “programmatic” advertising, MediaMath has been recognized as a leader in the space in four independent evaluations over the last two years. MediaMath has offices in 16 cities worldwide and is headquartered in New York City.
Our digital advertising platform leverages massive amounts of data using AI and machine learning principles, enabling the quickest and most intelligent online ad space bidding in real time, 24/7. We leverage both public cloud and eight managed data centers around the world to maximize the return on every marketing dollar spent by our customers.
We are searching for a talented Software Engineer to join our Audience Segmentation and Onboarding team. We ingest, process, and store 500,000 user events per second, and provide real-time querying over these datasets. We deploy our microservices continuously to the Cloud with a focus on quality and stability. Our group is dedicated to the craft of engineering and a culture of continuous learning and improvement. We are looking for open-minded individuals who take pride in delivering innovative solutions at scale while also embracing ambiguity.
Skills You Bring
· Ability to write clean code with an eye for performance and scalability.
· Ability to work in a team and individually with good initiative.
· Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Positive attitude with the ability to understand specifications and transform them into high-quality code.
· Not afraid to ask for help when needed.
· Some familiarity or understanding of microservices architecture, Cloud infrastructure, and CI/CD
· Interest in quality; takes the time to unit test and automate testing
· An understanding of Agile software development methodologies
· Active interest in new technology and emerging engineering practices
· Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to tackle issues and work through ambiguous situations
· Can communicate in various settings; one-on-one, small, and large groups, with peers and senior management
· The desire to be organized, highly responsive and committed to quality
Nice to Haves
· Experience with an object-oriented or functional programming language (e.g. Go, Java, Scala, Clojure, or Python)
· Comfortable with relational or NoSQL databases
· Some understanding of event streams (e.g. Kafka)
· Some understanding of development and build tools (e.g. Git, Docker, Jenkins)
· Some familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems
· 0-3+ years of software engineering experience
· BS degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field
· Own development tasks assigned to you, showcasing ability to quickly switch between projects. Write quality code, follow instructions and guidance.
· Excited to learn as much as possible, striking the right balance between “give it a try” and “asks for help.” Easily trained; learn on the job from more experienced developers. Ask questions, seek to really understand. Be receptive to feedback and reflect on how you can improve every day.
· Able to maintain or refactor current code.
· Able to reliably follow instructions and work with due care and attention, taking responsibility for delivery and quality of work.
· Have strong attention to detail and flexibility for quickly switching between projects as required.
· Have good time management skills and a strong work ethic.