MediaMath is a leading global independent advertising technology company, working with brands and agencies. We created the first software for real-time media buying in 2007 and today work with over two-thirds of the Fortune 500 and more than 3,500 brands and their agency partners to grow and deepen direct customer relationships.
We have recently launched SOURCE by MediaMath which provides our clients with the most trusted, efficient, and effective way to connect their brands with consumers: real impressions on real media properties with policies and practices that respect the humans behind billions of screens and speakers every day.
We need talent like you to fuel this next-generation ecosystem.
MediaMath is seeking a Senior Vice President of Data Policy, Governance, and Security. You will serve as the primary internal domain expert and represent MediaMath externally to industry, governmental and industry self-regulatory bodies, and the media regarding issues of data policy and governance, privacy, information security, and marketplace quality. You will lead a high performing team of 4 and drive the long-term strategy for the team and MediaMath’s DP&G strategy.
- Develop MediaMath’s strategic and competitive position in ad tech from a DP&G perspective. Drive client and partner-facing initiatives that position MediaMath as a DP&G thought leader and positively impact revenue.
- Lead the development and maintenance of strategic policies and procedures around data, privacy, information security, and marketplace quality that support the safe growth of MediaMath while protecting and empowering MediaMath, consumers, our clients, and our partners
- Partner and align with peers in adjacent categories and companies to drive industry/ecosystem-wide change. Also, consult with brands and media on best practices and roadmap.
- Partner with and lead cross functional teams to produce industry and enterprise wide policies and solutions
- Assume ownership of MediaMath’s compliance with all applicable governmental and self-regulatory requirements, industry best practices, and internal data standards. Develop and manage mechanisms to monitor and ensure compliance across all relevant products and services and across the organization, including third-party assessments and audits (risk assessments, SOC 2, etc.).
- Strategically pursue certification frameworks that reinforce MediaMath’s positioning as an excellent steward of consumer, client, and partner data.
- Lead company-wide initiatives to train teams regarding MediaMath's data policies and create a culture of privacy and security by design.
- Work closely with all teams to address policy challenges, ensure operational excellence, and help drive performance:
- "Front of house" teams to address compliance related to consumer, client, and partner data (Product, Engineering, Client Services, Ecosystem, etc.)
- "Back of house" teams to address compliance related to operational data (Finance, HR, IT, etc.)
- Develop and maintain the DP&G roadmap. Own the DP&G backlog and prioritize open tickets.
- Create and maintain comprehensive and up-to-date internal and external documentation, standards, policies, processes, and client-facing collateral pertaining to data collection, flow, storage, use, and disclosure, including privacy and security.
- Stay abreast of and advise the company on global regulatory and policy developments and trends in the industry.
- Serve on MediaMath’s Leadership Team.
- Provide regular reports on policy and governance topics to the Board of Directors.
- Experienced with acting as an internal and external advocate & expert for Data Policy and Governance within the tech industry.
- A strategic and driven people leader. You have experience growing and managing teams and setting the strategic vision for a Data Policy & Governance team.
- Experienced partnering with Product and Engineering teams, to advise on updates in policies, compliance, and security.
- A bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years in senior policy development and compliance role in a managerial capacity
- Demonstrated ability to lead development, rollout, enforcement, and maintenance of data policies and compliance with complex audit frameworks in large, multi-faceted environments
- Experience with data-related products & policies in the online advertising ecosystem
- Experience influencing and driving change across organizations
- Demonstrated technical aptitude; able to grasp technological nuance and speak fluently with people of all technical abilities about technical concepts
- Outstanding project management skills
- Exceptional communication, teamwork, and public-speaking skills
- Relentless attention to detail
- Client-facing experience in support of revenue generation
- Experience in an agile / scrum software development environment a plus
- Additional certifications (CISSP, etc.) strongly preferred
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work. And, let’s face it, so do the free snacks, great benefits, and unlimited vacation.
We were named a Leader in both the 2018 and 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrants for Ad Tech, won four awards from the IAB for Sales, Service and Education Excellence, and received Best DMP in the 2019 Digiday Technology Awards. We have offices in 16 cities worldwide and are headquartered in New York City.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.