Sr. Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
US Proposed Salary: $110,000-$125,000 + bonus
MediaMath is the leading technology pioneer on a mission to make advertising better. We deliver outstanding results through powerful ad tech, partnership and a curiosity for what’s next. We help more than 3,500 advertisers solve complex marketing problems so they can deepen their customer relationships across screens and around the world.
MediaMath’s Finance team is currently seeking a FP&A Director who will partners with internal clients across the business with the goal of driving profitable growth and facilitating the success of the organization. In this visible and internal client facing role, the FP&A Director will lead the FP&A team, manage budgeting & forecasting processes, performance measurement, decision support and business intelligence for the entire company. Additionally, this role will participate in broader strategic finance team projects and initiatives such as product pricing & analysis, systems and process improvement, shareholder/board reporting, and procurement initiatives.
- Develop monthly and quarterly reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Provide analysis and interpretations of actual performance versus plan/forecast and assess the impact on future results
- Be a thought leader on revenue and cost drivers; synthesize data to help drive key strategic/financial decision making
- Participate in strategic and operational planning processes
- Continuously have a view on the performance of the various business units & form strong opinions entrenched in data & analysis
- Model pricing strategies for products and client proposals
- Manage the revenue forecasting process both from a systems perspective as well as extracting, analyzing and modeling data; Increase cross-functional collaboration with other analytics departments: BI, Sales Operations, Product
- Participate in quick turnaround ad-hoc financial and operational analyses to inform strategies aimed at enhancing profitability and accelerating growth
- Ensure the delivery of support that is consistent with end user expectations to facilitate organizational success
- Continually improve the Company’s financial management processes by implementing tighter controls: data integrity, process improvement & rigorous analysis
- Experienced with Budget Management tools & other performance related systems (NetSuite, Looker, SalesForce, Anaplan) a plus
- Experienced with sales and revenue forecasting
- Advanced with Excel modeling skills required & a genuine passion for finance & accounting required
- Experienced with developing and monitoring operating and capital budgets and creating insightful, actionable reporting, along with controls
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Experienced “going beyond the numbers” & ability to be an effective self-starter
- Able to discern trends and consider the broad business implications in helping line management identify and exploit opportunities to improve performance
- Results-oriented, hands-on individual with a strong work ethic and who can operate effectively in a collaborative, matrix management environment
- Forward-thinking person with outstanding critical thinking skills who considers long-term trends and broad business implications when determining approach or recommending actions
- A “can-do” team player that is passionate about the business and has a strong desire to continuously improve performance and service
- A cross-functional leader with excellent interpersonal and communications skills who can quickly build rapport, establish trust and develop effective working relationships
- 5+ years of finance experience inclusive of 2+ years of FP&A leadership, with a proven track record of building and sustaining solid relationships with business unit leaders
- Demonstrated ability to apply financial analysis in solving business problems and integrating financial discipline into operational decision making
- Contemporary knowledge of finance best practices
- AdTech, MarTech, or other experience in a highly entrepreneurial environment preferred
Why We Work at MediaMath:
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are three values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Win Together, Obsess Over Growth, and Do Good, Better. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work.
Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in "programmatic" advertising, MediaMath is recognized as a Leader in the Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Ad Tech and has won Best Account Support by a Technology Company for two years in a row in the AdExchanger Awards.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.