This role can be done, remotely.
MediaMath’s infrastructure footprint is reflective of the challenges of a real-time advertising stack – a hybrid environment of multiple globally placed on-prem datacenters and the AWS cloud. We support a broad range of services, from low latency bidding processes handling millions of transactions per second, through to big data storage and analytics, and client-facing UI and reporting solutions. Each has its own unique operational challenges, and the Infrastructure team is a key partner in ensuring these workloads are managed in scalable, maintainable, cost-effective ways.
As a key member of the Cloud Infrastructure team, the AWS & Virtualization Cloud Architect will be charged with designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS & On-premise platforms, ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud. Additionally, this architect will ensure workloads are properly placed between on-premise infrastructure and the AWS platform based on unique requirements. This architect will also assist in the development of our Kubernetes clusters, running on both on-premise and AWS platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, monitor and maintain cloud infrastructure presences (VMware Solutions, AWS)
- Identify and implement standards & guiderails around AWS usage, security and management across the technology organization.
- Play a key role in rearchitecting and migrating legacy services and solutions within the AWS cloud (AWS to on-prem, on-prem to AWS with performance and financial considerations being weighed)
- Work with developers to advise on the design and architecture of AWS based services, and the continual optimization of applications deployed within AWS.
- Ensure AWS workloads are being implemented in a cost-effective way, using appropriate offerings and with correct sizing, retention and guiderails in place.
- Assist in the design and build of on-premises virtualization environments.
- Assist in the continued development and adoption of MediaMath’s Kubernetes clusters.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of the entire Virtualization Infrastructure (both AWS and on-prem)
- Monitor and regularly assess capacity needs for virtualization platforms, with consideration to upcoming roadmap items.
- Conduct training sessions to share knowledge with peers and development groups
- Effectively communicates current status of all projects, problems, and issues to the department management team
- Act as a Virtualization, Kubernetes, and AWS SME within the Operations organization – providing guidance and oversight to others in-team, and across the development community.
- Respond to compliance assessments and initiate corrective action when appropriate for audit and compliance remediation
- Participate in on-call rotations as part of a team.
- 7-10 years of 'hands-on keyboard' expert level experience with core AWS architecture & toolsets, including: network management (VPCs, Transit gateway, direct connect), organizational controls (budgets, service control policies), security and access management (segmentation strategies, SSO), infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- AWS development experience with commonly used offerings (Amazon EKS, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, EC2, S3, EMR, Amazon DocumentDB)
- Experience with AWS cost management & optimization
- Advanced-level technical knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi, DRS, vMotion, HA, FT, DRS, SRM, vSphere Replication, vRealize for Business, vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestration vRealize Operations, VMware HCX, vSAN, NSX, vReailze Log Insight, vRealize Network Insight, VMware Life Cycle Manager)
- Knowledge of VMware virtualization concepts, including provisioning and automation methods
- Experience with deployment & automation toolsets (GitHub, CircleCi, Jenkins, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible)
- Proficiency with scripting & basic coding (python, ruby, golang)
- Proficiency with Linux system administration (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Understanding of networking fundamentals, including application layer protocols (HTTP, SSH, SSL), load balancing solutions (lvs, nginx), and DNS
- Familiar with Encryption, Logging, and Privacy/Security Protocols (e.g. TLS 1.2, ELK stack)
- Experienced in developing test plan, test cases, baselines, and conducting end-to-end testing.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Practical approach to real world problems, with willingness to be “hand-on” with solutions.
- Ability to think strategically, understand business context, and make collaborative decisions
- Ability to apply structured analysis methods to various types of data to establish trends, and determine variability and business impact
- Foster open communication, speaks with impact, listens to others, and writes effectively
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and appropriately, with a high degree of comfort presenting ideas to executives and IT management,
- Ability to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders, including development teams, product teams, project managers, solutions engineers, and analytics and support groups.
- Desire to mentor and provide regular guidance to junior engineers, both technically and professionally.
- self-driving and self-organizing – a role model for others in the team
- Willingness to adhere to, streamline and help improve team processes for work tracking, knowledge sharing, incident response, and cross-org communication.