MediaMath’s mission is to help innovative marketers delight their customers and drive real business outcomes. Over 9,500 marketers in 42 countries use our enterprise solution to reach the right user with the right message for the right price, wherever they are. These are the leading brands and agencies in the world who rely on MediaMath to provide technology, services and leadership to help them continue to transform their marketing practices and compete in a quickly changing industry. Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in “programmatic” advertising, MediaMath has been recognized as a leader in the space in four independent evaluations over the last two years. MediaMath has offices in 16 cities worldwide and is headquartered in New York City.
The Data Policy & Governance Director will be responsible for driving best practice, strategy and vision for Data Policy and Governance taking into account the complexities and nuances of the ad tech industry and MediaMath’s unique data flows.
- Drive the best practice, strategy and vision for Data Policy & Governance
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure the appropriate collection and use of data across the company (e.g., ensuring privacy, security, regulatory, and other standards are met).
- Train all relevant teams to understand and meet MediaMath data policies
- Answer a high volume of questions from clients, partners, and internal teams about advertising/data regulations, industry self-regulation, and MediaMath data policies development
- Complete RFI/RFP questionnaires related to compliance
- Document MediaMath data flows
- Oversee project management of compliance workflows
- Develop mechanisms to monitor and ensure compliance with our data standards among all relevant teams, products, and services across the organization
- Assist teams in determining how to meet business needs while remaining in compliance with company standards (e.g., assist product teams in applying Privacy by Design principles to new product)
- Experienced in creating policies and procedures to ensure the appropriate collection and processing of data
- Experienced in preparing educational materials and/or training teams to meet policy standards
- Experienced in documenting data flows and processes
- Experienced with data-related products & policies in the online advertising ecosystem a strong plus
- 8+ years experience, including significant time spent within the advertising and media industry (e.g., publisher, ad tech, client marketing org)
- A strong understanding of the ad tech ecosystem, and how data is tracked, exchanged and managed in the process of digital advertising
- Knowledge and understanding of the application of data within the advertising and media industry (e.g., programmatic advertising, behavioral targeting)
- Experience leading data governance type initiatives, and the creation and deployment of policies, processes, and tools to facilitate the creation and capture of structured and consistent data from digital campaigns to enable reporting and automation efforts
- Experience working with technical teams, helping them translate requirements into technical solutions and supporting their development
- Strong analytical skills and a natural affinity for numbers. Able to analyze raw data, draw insights and develop actionable recommendations as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communications style, in particular able translate complex technical considerations into simple to understand documentation
- An ability to lead cross-functional teams, with a track record of influencing others that don’t report into you to drive adoption of solutions and changes in behavior
- High attention to detail, with strong organizational and project management skills
- A passion for data excellence and integrity, and an ability to engage others in why it’s important.
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are three values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Win Together, Obsess Over Growth, and Do Good Better. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work.
Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in "programmatic" advertising, MediaMath is recognized as a Leader in the Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Ad Tech and has won Best Account Support by a Technology Company for two years in a row in the AdExchanger Awards.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.