Posted on May 2nd, 2017
Here’s the Recap
In this special Mathlete takeover episode Michelle Said interviews Adam Yamaguchi putting the spotlight on the Marketing Engineer Program, which has just seen the completion of its sixth cohort. Michelle also speaks with recent graduate David Khalev about how the Marketing Engineer Program, or MEP, came to be, the changes its experienced over the years, and what Marketing Engineers, or MEPs, can expect out of their rotations.
Michelle is the Senior Manager of Programmatic Education at the New Marketing Institute. She uses her 10 years of experience in the online space to educate others in NMI’s industry-leading Digital Marketing and Omnichannel certification courses.
Adam is currently the Director of Program Development at the New Marketing Institute where he oversees the Marketing Engineer Program.
What We Covered
- [02:45] How the Marketing Engineer Program got started
- [04:00] Where did the term, “Marketing Engineer” originate?
- [05:40] How the program is run.
- [07:15] How David found out about MEP.
- [08:35] What does an ideal candidate look like?
- [11:05] How has MEP changed over the past 3 years?
- [13:05] David’s experience with MEP.
- [16:00] The global launch of MEP.
- [20:00] The importance of friends made in the program.
- [23:20] What were some of the earlier challenges with MEP.
- [27:00] Is there friendly competition within the program?
- [28:30] Advice for those interested in the program.
- [30:00] Do your research if you’re interested in the program.
New Marketing Institute Website
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.
Intro Music Composed by Erik Osmond.