VP of Client Success
Department: Sales & Account
Location: US - New York
Posted: January 15, 2020
MediaMath is a leading independent advertising technology company, working with brands and agencies. We created the first software for real-time media buying in 2007 and today work with over two-thirds of the Fortune 500 and more than 3,500 brands and their agency partners to grow and deepen direct customer relationships.
We have recently launched SOURCE by MediaMath which provides our clients with the purest media supply to connect their brands with consumers: real impressions on real media properties; real humans connected to with real ads, at scale; and a true and trusted data set that enables machine learning and attribution at scale, across channels such as mobile, Connected TV, Digital Out of Home, and display.
We need talent like you to fuel this next-generation ecosystem.
We are seeking a highly motivated VP of Client Success with a proven history of leading and managing a portfolio of large enterprise clients, in a competitive, dynamic, and evolving marketing space. As an VP of Client Success at MediaMath, you are the senior most strategic lead on a portfolio of accounts, developing strategies to grow the book and the partnerships within.
You will be accountable for the overall success of a book of business consisting of Enterprise Retail companies. Your general responsibilities will include but are not limited to client strategic planning, day to day account line management, managing sales processes and hiring/ managing a client facing team including sellers & client services. In close partnership with the members of the team, you will engage with executive-level contacts (cross-functional) at the client, and be expected to establish, develop, and deepen the relationships that will allow our partnership to grow. If you are a self-starter, a strong general manager & deep vertical expertise with a tenacious desire to win, come realize truly uncapped potential at MediaMath.
- Create and execute a sales plan for your vertical with short, mid and long-term goals across existing and prospect accounts that continue to increase our market share within the Retail vertical
- Oversee the creation of account strategies and innovative solutions that focus on value creation and unlock client investment to drive forward their business objectives and performance
- Drive alignment and influence executive and leadership contacts within your portfolio of clients to sell in and enable execution of strategic vision for the client
- Serve as the strategic lead and ultimate point of escalation for clients and your team across your portfolio
- Represent MediaMath at important industry events and own relationships with prevalent voices in the space across the Retail partner/vendor ecosystem
- Manage and actively coach a team of resources dedicated to driving growth and success against client account strategies
- Mange your team in executing sale processes; namely account line management and reporting processes
- Act as industry/vertical SME internally and to your team via knowledge sharing and active coaching
- Be your client’s champion internally to ensure their voice is heard and cross-functional resources are aligned to how MediaMath will contribute value to their business
- Partner with product teams to prioritize and build innovative solutions relevant to your vertical portfolio
- People leader with experience in– goal setting against a strategy, coaching/career development and talent management
- A strategic seller who can understand and communicate value to clients over program and pricing specifics
- Inherently client-centric with a passion for your vertical
- Excellent communicator; specifically, strong listening, negotiation, and presentation.
- Able to establish meaningful relationships throughout all levels of client organizations with a track record of retaining key clients
- Able to demonstrate internal resource coordination with an uncanny ability to rally peers to resolve problems quickly, efficiently and under pressure and/or time constraint
- Able to adapt and respond positively to change; able to cope effectively with feedback
- Proficient in analyzing complex issues and problems and developing practical solutions through analytical thinking
- An effective operator– ability to prioritize and methodically meet deadlines.
- Personable, charismatic, and positive
- Self-motivated and able to take the initiative to get the job done
- Solution oriented and creative thinker who can evaluate problems and drive win-win outcomes. Able to respond positively to change and cope effectively with setbacks
- Knowledgeable about economic drivers, including internal and external business dynamics
- 10+ years of strategic sales experience targeting executives and leaders at both brands and agency partners - likely to have held Vertical Lead, Sales Leadership, Account Director, Account Executive, Sales Director, Client Partner, or Brand Partner positions
- Knowledge in all types of video - CTV, OTT, digital video and Linear TV
- 5+ years in managing executive relationships at large brands and/or agency partners within the Retail vertical
- 7+ years in one of the following industries: AdTech, SaaS, Consulting, Marketing (client-side)
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- A history of hitting and exceeding revenue targets
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work. And, let’s face it, so do the free snacks, great benefits, and unlimited vacation.
We were named a Leader in both the 2018 and 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrants for Ad Tech, won four awards from the IAB for Sales, Service and Education Excellence, and received Best DMP in the 2019 Digiday Technology Awards. We have offices in 16 cities worldwide and are headquartered in New York City.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.