Software Engineer III/Senior Software Engineer - Data Engineering
Location: US - New York
Posted: January 14, 2020
MediaMath is a leading independent advertising technology company, working with brands and agencies. We created the first software for real-time media buying in 2007 and today work with over two-thirds of the Fortune 500 and more than 3,500 brands and their agency partners to grow and deepen direct customer relationships.
We have recently launched SOURCE by MediaMath which provides our clients with the purest media supply to connect their brands with consumers: real impressions on real media properties; real humans connected to with real ads, at scale; and a true and trusted data set that enables machine learning and attribution at scale, across channels such as mobile, Connected TV, Digital Out of Home, and display.
We need talent like you to fuel this next-generation ecosystem.
In this role, the main challenge will be to build scalable solutions processing billions of events daily from data centers across the global with 24x7 uptime and produce accurate results that have meaningful business values. Our role mainly consists in improving marketing performance by implementing various attribution and lift measurement models that operate at large scale reliably, monitoring the services and infrastructure, and addressing any concerns regarding production.
Own development of multiple features of a moderately sized sub-system, contribute to the software design process by understanding, analyzing and troubleshooting requirements for the work, offer solid contribution in design and planning discussions, show competence in a moderate range of software development methodologies, languages and technologies, and show solid understanding of the theoretical and applied basis for some select technologies.
- Own development, testing and operations of multiple features or moderately sized sub-system and services.
- Achieve strong understanding of the business rationale and client need being addressed in the project; collaborate with Product Managers to build the right product that clients need
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing technical knowledge base articles, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, test plans, and well-written code following enterprise/industry
- Improve operations by conducting service coverage analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the software design process by understanding, analyzing and troubleshooting requirements for own work.
- Mentor and onboard junior software engineersin code quality, CI/CD practices and DevOps best practices with a clear understanding of security and data governance principles
- Provide on-call support and triage production issues owning the post release monitoring and maintenance.
- Actively contribute to team development discussions by describing, discussing and explaining technical issues and possible solutions clearly to other engineers.
- Make an impact by contributing to, and beginning to guide, several local and cross-team initiatives.
- Comfortable working with product owners to understand and implement business requirements
- Experienced working with project managers to use processes on development schedules and dependencies
- Driven; sense of ownership and feel responsible for the services your team provides
- Problem Solver; question the information you have and understand the real problems that should be solved
- Collaborative and enjoy working on projects as a team
- 7+ years of experience in Java/Scala and SQL
- 3+ years of experience writing Spark, MapReduce or Hive jobs
- Experience with peer code review and are comfortable to give and receive feedbacks
- Experience and believe in Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience creating Docker containers
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work. And, let’s face it, so do the free snacks, great benefits, and unlimited vacation.
We were named a Leader in both the 2018 and 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrants for Ad Tech, won four awards from the IAB for Sales, Service and Education Excellence, and received Best DMP in the 2019 Digiday Technology Awards. We have offices in 16 cities worldwide and are headquartered in New York City.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.