Software Engineer III
Location: US - Durham, NC
Posted: January 14, 2020
MediaMath’s mission is to help innovative marketers delight their customers and drive real business outcomes. Over 9,500 marketers in 42 countries use our enterprise solution reach the right user with the right message for the right price, wherever they are. These are the leading brands and agencies in the world who rely on MediaMath to provide technology, services and leadership help them continue to transform their marketing practices and compete in a quickly changing industry. Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in “programmatic” advertising, MediaMath has been recognized as a leader in the space in four independent evaluations over the last two years. MediaMath’s 700 employees work out of offices in 16 cities worldwide.
Our digital advertising platform leverages massive amounts of data using AI and machine learning principles, enabling the quickest and most intelligent online ad space bidding in real time, 24/7. We leverage both public cloud and eight managed data centers around the world to maximize the return on every marketing dollar spent by our customers.
We’re currently hiring for a backend Software Engineer to build critical features that optimize the AI capability of our platform. We are looking for someone well versed in developing complex enterprise applications, building low-latency services and APIs. Our language of choice right now is Go.
The Intelligence Tribe at MediaMath is responsible for building innovative software products which extract actionable insights from MediaMath’s petabytes of data. This is through high-performance big data workflows, machine learning, and cutting-edge distributed infrastructure spread across the globe.
- Hands on software development in Go, building features which enable the use of AI throughout our stack, in close collaboration with Data Science and other MediaMath teams
- Design, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design
- Own parts of the system and continuously work to improve them in an agile environment
- Use processes to collaboratively perform feature-based development, code reviews and releases
- Follow secure coding best practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and exceptional character
- Interest, willingness and demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new technology quickly
- 7+ years of professional experience developing backend, complex enterprise applications
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, related degree, or strong comparable experience
- Strong experience with Go (highly preferred), C or C++
- Strong understanding of software architecture, OO principles and common design patterns
- Asynchronous, multithreaded programming experience
- Experience with big data infrastructure, including Hadoop and Spark preferred
- Experience with gRPC and TensorFlow are also nice to have
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work. And, let’s face it, so do the free snacks, great benefits, and unlimited vacation.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.