Senior UX Designer
Location: US - New York
Posted: January 15, 2020
MediaMath is a leading independent advertising technology company, working with brands and agencies. We created the first software for real-time media buying in 2007 and today work with over two-thirds of the Fortune 500 and more than 3,500 brands and their agency partners to grow and deepen direct customer relationships.
We have recently launched SOURCE by MediaMath which provides our clients with the purest media supply to connect their brands with consumers: real impressions on real media properties; real humans connected to with real ads, at scale; and a true and trusted data set that enables machine learning and attribution at scale, across channels such as mobile, Connected TV, Digital Out of Home, and display.
We need talent like you to fuel this next-generation ecosystem.
It is exciting times at MediaMath as we re-envision our core platform TerminalOne. The User Experience Team is hiring for a UX Designer who has the ability to bring beauty and intuitiveness to complex data-rich applications. As a user experience designer at MediaMath, your outcome in your 6 months will be to create a long-term UX vision for a segment of the user’s journey. You will be a part of growing UX team, while at the same time be imbedded in a product team and collaborate with product managers, engineers, and product marketing to deliver that vision. This is a high-profile, high-impact position.
- Create a UX vision for an area of the user’s experience.
- Work with designers to identify opportunities to architect and visualize information in a way that is findable, accessible, intuitive, usable, understandable, and actionable.
- With other designers to build out and maintain the MediaMath Design System, including updating assets and specifications.
- Perform heuristic evaluations on comparative and competitor products.
- Partner closely with product managers to define hypothesizes, problem statements, KPIs, ensure solutions meet business objectives, and we’re solving the right problems for our customers.
- Team with researchers using qualitative and quantitative research methods to test existing products to identify gaps and usability issues, to help the company better understand its users, and find new opportunities for growth.
- Collaborate with engineers to work through technical feasibility and ensure design details don’t get lost during the delivery process.
- Meet regularly with stakeholders to understand their needs, their business area objectives, and get feedback from them on proposed solutions.
- Assist Product Marketing in the go to market strategy, including onboarding and messaging.
- Help researchers during synthesis workshops and documentation.
- Actively participate in one on one peer design and team critiques.
- Mentor teammates junior to you.
This is the right opportunity for you, if you want to:
- Work on a high-profile project that both impacts both the user and business.
- Team with others to re-envision the experience of our core platform.
- Further your career development by owning the end-to-end of an experience area, from the experience strategy to the design details.
- Help other user experience colleagues grow in their career.
- Roughly 3-5 years of experience working on teams to deliver products to market.
- A portfolio with case studies that demonstrate the ability to bring beauty and intuitiveness to complex data-rich applications as well as have led the creation of a visual identity.
- Strong information architecture, interaction design, research, and visual design skills.
- Animation design, illustration, and copywriting skills are a plus.
- Experience working on projects with search and browse was key component of the user’s experience.
- Worked within an agile, Lean, or similar product development process.
- Contributed to multiple shipped products
- The ability to facilitate meetings and workshops
- Are able to work with remote teams.
Why We Work at MediaMath
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work. And, let’s face it, so do the free snacks, great benefits, and unlimited vacation.
We were named a Leader in both the 2018 and 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrants for Ad Tech, won four awards from the IAB for Sales, Service and Education Excellence, and received Best DMP in the 2019 Digiday Technology Awards. We have offices in 16 cities worldwide and are headquartered in New York City.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.