Senior Technical Project Manager
Location: US - New York
Posted: January 17, 2020
MediaMath is a leading independent advertising technology company, working with brands and agencies. We created the first software for real-time media buying in 2007 and today work with over two-thirds of the Fortune 500 and more than 3,500 brands and their agency partners to grow and deepen direct customer relationships.
We have recently launched SOURCE by MediaMath which provides our clients with the purest media supply to connect their brands with consumers: real impressions on real media properties; real humans connected to with real ads, at scale; and a true and trusted data set that enables machine learning and attribution at scale, across channels such as mobile, Connected TV, Digital Out of Home, and display.
We need talent like you to fuel this next-generation ecosystem.
We are currently seeking a highly qualified Agile Technical Project Manager to manage our Campaign initiative in our New York City office. Agile is a project management method that serves as an alternative to traditional methodologies, specifically within the field of software development.
- Plan, manage and drive multiple project deliverables using agile software development processes.
- Proactively roll out product releases by managing all standard Agile processes, e.g. Daily Standups, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, features & defect management.
- Communicates program initiatives and status across core business units. Defines and reports program roadmap, status, development issues and success metrics.
- Work directly with Project, Product, Engineering teams to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Create written project plans for multi-faceted, projects complete with details about technical dependencies and deployment order.
- Shepherd prioritization discussions and maintain the communications framework for these discussions.
- Maintain a high-level perspective on the overall team health and coach the team towards a vision/model for continual improvement.
- Identify team/org friction, drive discussions toward productive change and takes corrective action, as appropriate.
- Identify, document, and drive on process improvements, e.g. more accurate effort estimates, increased team velocity, etc. Supports, manages, and influences continuous improvement of product/solution development/ go-to-market lifecycle process, practices and initiatives.
- Work with other Project/Program Managers to establish best practices and standardize project management practices where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, another STEM field, or Business, OR have a proven track record of demonstrating equivalent knowledge.
- At least 5-8 years’ direct experience in project management for Software Development Projects.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience in leading complex hardware, software or application solution development projects.
- Worked with geographically distributed teams.
Ideally you have:
- Experience with online advertising technology.
- Experience working with /for consulting company or implementation partners.
- Software Development/Programming experience.
- Exhibited competency managing projects in JIRA (or other software-based Project Management suites).
- Detailed orientated - extremely well-organized, with superb time management skills.
- Focused on follow-through; propensity to approach tasks and goals with an ownership mentality.
- Proactive and transparent.
- Able to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Self-motivated and work independently with limited supervision.
- Able to prioritize projects/deliverables with competing priorities and work seamlessly with various stakeholders.
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work. And, let’s face it, so do the free snacks, great benefits, and unlimited vacation.
We were named a Leader in both the 2018 and 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrants for Ad Tech, won four awards from the IAB for Sales, Service and Education Excellence, and received Best DMP in the 2019 Digiday Technology Awards. We have offices in 16 cities worldwide and are headquartered in New York City.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.