Senior Sales Engineer
Department: Professional Services
Location: Australia - Sydney
Posted: January 14, 2020
MediaMath’s mission is to help innovative marketers delight their customers and drive real business outcomes. Over 9,500 marketers in 42 countries use our enterprise solution to reach the right user with the right message for the right price, wherever they are. These are the leading brands and agencies in the world who rely on MediaMath to provide technology, services and leadership to help them continue to transform their marketing practices and compete in a quickly changing industry. Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in “programmatic” advertising, MediaMath has been recognized as a leader in the space in four independent evaluations over the last two years. MediaMath has offices in 16 cities worldwide and is headquartered in New York City.
The Solution Engineering team helps to win net new business & maximize existing client/partner growth in tight alignment with our sales, account management, agency & partnership teams.
Specifically, we are the translation layer throughout the customer lifecycle: We diagnose the data- & tech-centric challenges within a client’s business and then author the solution design to map those needs to a curated set of MediaMath solutions. We're looking for a Senior Solution Engineer / Senior Sales Engineer to be part of this!
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, and ongoing support to commercial sales & account management teams while aligned to specific tier-one named accounts
- Strategize/prepare/deliver/consult during sales & client meetings at different org levels and work directly with account management teams to answer and deliver RFI/RFP responses
- Act as the technical subject matter expert on the best practices, benefits, and capabilities of T1 as well as its advanced features, integrations, and custom solutions to solve unique existing client challenges—identified by the MediaMath team or the client themselves
- Play the lead role in authoring the solution design, whereby you identify, qualify, and synthesize the business and technical requirements of a client opportunity and map these to a refined set of MediaMath solutions to solve for the most pressing needs
- Collaboratively present the output of the solution design to the key internal and client stakeholders
- Brief and train MediaMath sales, account management, partner team members on new & advanced T1 platform features and integrations, especially as they relate to unique client objectives
- Proactively anticipate opportunities to expand or improve MediaMath product offerings; identify gaps & technical issues with potential negative impact on customer expectations and delivery
- Strategically partner with your sales, account managers, and partner leaders in order to build tight alignment between the Technical Account function and the account teams to shape the “personality” of your region
- Consultative – strong sales skills; personable, charismatic, solutions oriented, creative thinker
- Strong Communicator - written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced managing complexities such as client setup work, consulting with clients to demonstrate the benefits of integrations, and scoping custom solutions
- Able to deliver against multiple simultaneous tasks with excellence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of experience with online advertising technology and systems
- 3+ years of technical consulting experience with SaaS or other enterprise software solutions - Ideally held a solution engineer, sales engineer or technical consultant position
- Confidence to prepare and present complex material to both business and technical audiences
- Strong understanding of RTB, DSP, DMP, and ad-serving technologies
- Understanding of desktop and/or server-side scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Understanding of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work. And, let’s face it, so do the free snacks and great benefits.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.