Department: Sales & Account
Location: US - New York
Posted: August 05, 2020
MediaMath is a leading global independent advertising technology company, working with brands and agencies. We created the first software for real-time media buying in 2007 and today work with over two-thirds of the Fortune 500 and more than 3,500 brands and their agency partners to grow and deepen direct customer relationships.
We have recently launched SOURCE by MediaMath which provides our clients with the most trusted, efficient, and effective way to connect their brands with consumers: real impressions on real media properties with policies and practices that respect the humans behind billions of screens and speakers every day.
We need talent like you to fuel this next-generation ecosystem.
As an Account Executive, you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive YoY growth and shape the future of an emerging technology. Your responsibilities will include driving client revenue on net new and existing business, product adoption, and market penetration in Retail & CPG accounts. You will also be the Senior Strategic Lead on existing accounts, developing strategies to grow and deepen the partnership with our enterprise clients. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO level, marketing leadership, agency partners and analytics teams.
- Formulate account strategies that focus on value creation and unlock client investment to drive forward their business objectives and improve performance
- Effectively prospect, develop and drive Net New Client revenue and market share in the Retail & CPG vertical
- Become intimately familiar with client challenges and marketing objectives
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around MM products and services
- Accelerate customer adoption
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline
- Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
- Inform senior leadership of progress against initiatives and blockers to progress
- Manage contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Utilize sales software (e.g., Salesforce) to track pipeline, revenue forecasts, as a repository for client needs, and to for resource and product requests
- Able to communicate effectively with senior executives at Fortune 500 brands
- Personable, charismatic, and positive
- Ability to present and express yourself in a clear, confident manner
- 7+ years of strategic sales experience targeting executives and leaders at both brands and agency partners - likely to have held Account Director, Account Executive, Sales Director, Client Partner, or Brand Partner positions
- 5+ years of experience selling software or solutions
- Experience identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale Marketing Technology and SAAS- Based deals
- Experience positioning and selling technology in new customers and new market segments
- Demonstrated ability to partner with Solutions Engineers on key accounts to drive deals and influence
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work. And, let’s face it, so do the free snacks, great benefits, and unlimited vacation.
We were named a Leader in both the 2018 and 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrants for Ad Tech, won four awards from the IAB for Sales, Service and Education Excellence, and received Best DMP in the 2019 Digiday Technology Awards. We have offices in 16 cities worldwide and are headquartered in New York City.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.