Sales Director -- Insurance & Financial Services
Department: Sales & Account
Location: US - New York
Posted: January 23, 2020
MediaMath is a leading independent advertising technology company, working with brands and agencies. We created the first software for real-time media buying in 2007 and today work with over two-thirds of the Fortune 500 and more than 3,500 brands and their agency partners to grow and deepen direct customer relationships.
We have recently launched SOURCE by MediaMath which provides our clients with the purest media supply to connect their brands with consumers: real impressions on real media properties; real humans connected to with real ads, at scale; and a true and trusted data set that enables machine learning and attribution at scale, across channels such as mobile, Connected TV, Digital Out of Home, and display.
We need talent like you to fuel this next-generation ecosystem.
Would you like to be part of a team focused on new logo strategic accounts within the Financial Services and Insurance Industry? Would you like to be part of a company who is internationally known for being the leading independent advertising technology company, working with both brands and agencies? As Commercial Lead, you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive YoY growth and shape the future of an emerging technology. Your responsibilities will include driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration in Financial Services & Insurance accounts. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO level, marketing leadership, agency partners and analytics teams. This person should also be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets. You will be a part of a team aligned to the vertical and your success.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory in the Financial Services & Insurance vertical
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services
- Accelerate customer adoption
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline
- Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
- Manage contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Expect moderate travel domestically (50% or less)
- 5+ years of complex value based sales experience, focused on new logo / business development
- 5+ years of experience selling software or solutions to the Financial Services and/or Insurance Vertical
- Experience identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale technology deals
- Experience positioning and selling technology in new customers and new market segments
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership
- BA/BS degree preferred
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work. And, let’s face it, so do the free snacks, great benefits, and unlimited vacation.
We were named a Leader in both the 2018 and 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrants for Ad Tech, won four awards from the IAB for Sales, Service and Education Excellence, and received Best DMP in the 2019 Digiday Technology Awards. We have offices in 16 cities worldwide and are headquartered in New York City.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.