Director, Solution Engineering
Department: Professional Services
Location: US - San Francisco
Posted: January 15, 2020
MediaMath is a leading independent advertising technology company, working with brands and agencies. We created the first software for real-time media buying in 2007 and today work with over two-thirds of the Fortune 500 and more than 3,500 brands and their agency partners to grow and deepen direct customer relationships.
We have recently launched SOURCE by MediaMath which provides our clients with the purest media supply to connect their brands with consumers: real impressions on real media properties; real humans connected to with real ads, at scale; and a true and trusted data set that enables machine learning and attribution at scale, across channels such as mobile, C-TV, DOOH, and display.
We need talent like you to fuel this next-generation ecosystem.
We are seeking an Director, Solution Engineering, well versed with online advertising technology and systems to provide technical and expertise to Sales teams aligned to specific tier-one named accounts. The Director, Solutions Engineering is the technical subject matter expert on the best practices, benefits, and capabilities of T1 as well as its advanced features, integrations, and custom solutions to solve unique existing client challenges.
As the lead in authoring the “solution design,” you will identify, qualify, and synthesize the business and technical requirements of a client opportunity and map these to a refined set of MediaMath solutions to solve for the most pressing needs.
You will translate the deep technical concepts from data ingestion and APIs to brain optimization and install a platform within a marketing stack, strategically and technically. This requires proven experience presenting analytical solutions to executive management.
From ad serving to pixels and data collection, the right person possesses experience managing complexities such as client set up work, consulting with clients to demonstrate the benefits of integrations, and scoping custom online advertising technology and systems solutions.
MediaMath has tremendous momentum in the market. In the last year, we’ve had big wins with some of the world’s best marketers and sophisticated brands. If you are excited by the future of data, analytics, and media, we’d love to hear from you.
- Strategize/prepare/deliver/consult during client meetings at different org levels and work directly with account management teams to answer and deliver RFI/RFP responses
- Collaboratively present the output of the solution design to the key internal and client stakeholders
- Brief and train MediaMath account management team members on new & advanced T1 platform features and integrations, especially as they relate to unique client objectives
- Proactively anticipate opportunities to expand or improve MediaMath product offerings; identify deficiencies & technical issues with a potential negative impact on customer expectations and delivery
- Strategically partner with your account leads & managers to build tight alignment between the Technical Account function and the account teams and to shape the “personality” of your region
- Able to translate technical requirements to non-technical members of the team/client
- Confident in dealing with Senior Executives within Fortune 500 brands
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering
- 7-10 years of experience with online advertising technology and systems
- 3+ years of technical consulting experience with SaaS or other enterprise software; ideally demonstrating, supporting, and building analytic solutions
- Strong understanding of RTB, DSP, DMP, and ad-serving technologies
- Understanding of desktop and/or server-side scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Understanding of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle)