Location: US - New York
Posted: January 14, 2020
MediaMath created the first software for real-time media buying in 2007 and today works with over two-thirds of the Fortune 500 and more than 3,500 brands and their agency partners to grow and deepen direct customer relationships.
It's exciting times as MediaMath as more than a dozen of our trusted partners are rallying to clean up the media supply chain by the end of 2020. We are proud to launch SOURCE by MediaMath which promises three things: real impressions on real media properties; real humans you can reach with real ads, at scale; and a true and trusted data set that enables machine learning and attribution at scale.
We need talent like you to fuel this next-generation ecosystem.
MediaMath’s Product team is currently seeking a Data Engineer with the knowledge, passion, and capability to build and work with complex datasets that are used by product and account management teams to discover and deliver audience insights for our clients. The key remit of the role is to support manual processes addressing immediate client demand for audience targeting and measurement for CTV campaigns. As the Data Engineer, you will support these initiatives through building, maintaining, and optimizing data infrastructure.
- Become an expert in MediaMath data flows and the Analytics data infrastructure
- Build, maintain, and own scalable data pipelines to support client data integration
- Become a team SME in data munging and automated ETL processes
- Work with Analysts to understand and leverage big data to solve client problems and needs
- Ensure that data pipelines/systems adhere to team and company standards, and raise the bar on the standards when possible
- Be a team player, and bring the team and company forward by solving team and company priorities
- Experienced in writing readable, re-usable code SQL and Python
- Experienced with distributed system technologies, Hadoop, HiveQL, and Spark SQL/PySpark
- Experienced in implementing data pipeline health monitoring, alerting
- Experienced with data infrastructure troubleshooting and working with system logs
- Experienced developing data flow schematics/blueprints
- Advocate for automation and building efficient, scalable solutions
- Self-driven, with a hunger to learn and spread knowledge by teaching others
- Excellent communication skills – ability to synthesize and communicate technical concepts, limitations, and requirements to client-facing teams and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably with a concentration in a computational field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering;
- 2 - 3 years of experience in building, troubleshooting, and optimizing production ETL pipelines - Must have held a Data Engineer or equivalent position previously
- Experience working independently and an active problem solver
- Experience with data modelling, data integration, and working with disparate data sources, including APIs and relational databases
- Experience partnering with client-facing teams to understand client needs and translate them to technical requirements
- Experience with cloud computing technology, preferably AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda)
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work. And, let’s face it, so do the free snacks, great benefits, and unlimited vacation.
We were named a Leader in both the 2018 and 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrants for Ad Tech, won four awards from the IAB for Sales, Service and Education Excellence, and received Best DMP in the 2019 Digiday Technology Awards. We have offices in 16 cities worldwide and are headquartered in New York City.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristics as established by law.