Delivery is where the rubber meets the road. The successful execution of a digital advertising campaign often involves a lot of moving parts, from the various aspects of campaign set-up, to targeting and management, to delivery of ads, to ensuring the relevance and quality of the environment in which those ads appear. Success also typically requires effective management of a multitude of vendor solutions touching various parts of the “supply” chain. It’s therefore essential to work with a robust technology that integrates all these moving parts into a seamless workflow to eliminate headaches, reduce risk, and ensure performance in delivering the right ad to the right person in the right context at the right time. TerminalOne’s delivery management features include:
- Campaign Setup & Management
- Device recognition and cross-device targeting
- Ad Serving
- Dynamic Creative Optimization
- Brand Safety
- Vendor Management
Campaign Setup & Management: TerminalOne offers a wide variety of tools and features to provide simple and powerful ways to control or manage your media campaigns. Whether it’s advanced targeting features for behavioral and contextual data, bulk tag uploading and bulk campaign editing tools, global frequency management and custom sitelist management capabilities, or budget flighting and international currency support, Terminal offers users unparalleled flexibility and control.
Device recognition and cross-device targeting: As cookieless environments are becoming increasingly common and users continue to split their media consumption time across multiple devices, the usefulness of the cookie is declining. MediaMath’s proprietary ConnectedID technology allows for both device recognition in cookieless environments and cross-device targeting. ConnectedID enables TerminalOne clients to engage consumers at unprecedented scale by deploying holistic targeting, optimization, measurement, and attribution of digital marketing efforts across publishers, channels, and devices as never before.
Ad Serving: TerminalOne is integrated with all major ad serving platforms, allowing users to upload creative tags with the push of a button, with advanced features like creative categorization, creative approval status reporting, and SSL support. In addition, TerminalOne also offers native ad serving capabilities for display, video, and mobile ads for clients wishing to consolidate creative management and reporting within a single system.
Dynamic Creative Optimization: TerminalOne’s Dynamic Creative capabilities allow you to tailor the message delivered to every individual consumer. With customizable modular creative templates and easy self-service set-up of real-time product feeds, you can present the right product/message/offer combination to every customer, down to the SKU level, on both display and Facebook Exchange inventory. TerminalOne also supports numerous third-party dynamic creative vendor solutions.
Brand Safety: TerminalOne offers clients a powerful array of tools to ensure safe and relevant environments for ads and avoidance of low-quality content environments. These include a variety of user-controlled targeting options for ad viewability, contextual safety & quality settings. Contextual safety & quality settings include content category, content maturity, user-generated content, negative/undesirable content, custom-defined categories, and more. Additional user-controlled targeting options are provided for ad viewability, flexible sitelist management, transparent URL targeting & site transparency reporting, ad collision management, and suspicious traffic filters. TerminalOne also supports turnkey integrations with leading third-party technologies for ad safety, verification, and measurement.
Because it comes in so many forms (from impression fraud, to click fraud, to ad manipulation, to cookie stuffing, and more) and is constantly evolving, we combat fraud through a broad and evolving range of both proprietary and external technologies, as well as through business protocols and processes, which include the following:
- Strict inventory pre-vetting – Though we boast more available supply than any other platform, we maintain strict controls over what inventory makes it into TerminalOne(t1) in the first place. We only on-board suppliers that comply with our MathSafe standards, which include pre-vetting screening of inventory lists, blanket exclusion of undesirable publishers, sites, and categories, filtering out of any non-directly contracted inventory, and prohibiting of activities such as daisy chaining and other unacceptable forms of impression delivery. That screening process filters high levels of undesirable inventory, which often shows up in other platforms.
- Automated fraud detection – We developed, and have continually refined, proprietary software that uses analytic techniques to scan for unusual, suspicious, or outlier activity, in terms of browsing behavior and click behavior along multiple vectors including cookie, site, IP address, and more. These measures have proved extremely effective at early identification of numerous types of fraud, and we are constantly improving and refining our technology as new data comes in.
- Proactive filtering – Once identified, we flag fraudulent traffic so that we never bid on it in the first place. This leads to improved performance both from the avoidance of spending budget against non-human traffic, and from the redeployment of that budget against high-quality traffic. Not wasting dollars on non-human impressions also leads to better performance and ROI since ultimately, only humans buy products.
- Ongoing monitoring – We’ve automated internal reporting that monitors impression, click, and conversion data across our system to spot new anomalies our existing measures might miss, and flags these for review to identify new potential issues for investigation.
- Open data sharing with partners – We feed regular reporting of flagged or suspicious activity to our exchange partners, and work proactively collaboratively with them locate and prevent the issue at the source. Our partners routinely praise us for being the first and fastest to spot new issues.
- Incident resolution process – If an issue does arise, we’ve built real-time internal processes to address these, designed to identify the source of the issue and quarantine it from live bidding for immediate investigation and resolution.
We believe that these measures have made TerminalOne significantly more immune to fraud than other platforms in the market. But since fraud can come in so many different varieties and is constantly evolving, we believe it is critical to also work with leading anti-fraud vendors and empower our clients with additional controls. These measures include:
- Unique & proprietary Terminal UI features, such as the “Suspicious Traffic Filter” which allows users to select the tolerance level for filtering pre-bid impressions with non-zero suspicious activity scores and “Minimize Ad Collisions” prevent serving multiple ads on a single page and effectively selects against low-quality traffic with a higher chance of fraud
- Powerful inventory management tools, including global, campaign, and strategy-level sitelist management, transparent URL targeting, and site transparency reporting to ensure the quality of inventory
- Built-in goal-based optimization allowing users to direct the system to algorithmically optimizes to results that cannot be generated by bots (i.e., purchases, ROI), thereby naturally optimizing away from fraud
- Fraud filters from leading third-party vendors, including (a) Integral Ad Science’s pre-bid targeting solution, Bid Expert, as well as TRAQ (True Advertising Quality) media quality, (b) a wide variety of pre-bid fraud, brand safety, and quality targeting settings powered by Peer39, and (c) integrated tag support for a wide range of other leading vendors
Vendor Management: From trafficking to monitoring to billing, the management of vendor solutions in the digital advertising ecosystem can be challenging. TerminalOne removes all the hassle, providing turnkey integration with hundreds of vendors through server-to-server integration and tag-based integration. This includes automated vendor declaration for publishers requiring it, tracking and reporting of vendor fees within your campaign budget, and consolidated itemized billing.
Take the complexity out of the equation with the TerminalOne Marketing OS™.