Here’s the Recap:
In this explorative conversation we dig a bit deeper into the current state of Programmatic Marketing with the Chief Marketing Officer of MediaMath. Joanna O’Connell’s in-depth experience has given her a unique perspective into the current state of programmatic, and what the impact of technology has had and will have on the industry. Joanna’s valuable insights help paint a more complete picture.
What We Covered:
- [1:50] – Joanna’s memories of Vassar college
- [3:00] – How is Joanna currently defining programmatic marketing?
- [4:45] – What problems does programmatic solve for?
- [7:32] – How do we make ads less ‘creepy?
- [10:10] – The magic of data science and technology
- [11:00] – The influence of science fiction movies in advertising
- [13:15] – Joanna is an avid horse rider!
- [15:10] – What stage of programmatic marketing are we in?
- [17:00] – The importance of using technology to scale.
- [21:20] – What is the role of an agency partner?
- [23:35] – The benefits, if any, of bringing programmatic in-house
- [28:00] – The rise of consultancies
- [30:12] – What are the challenges when contemplating bringing tech in-house
- [34:00] – The effect of mobile and video
- [39:10] – Defining header bidding and it’s impact
- [41:50] – Trends in reporting and analytics
- [48:00] – Closing thoughts on where the industry is headed!
Joanna on Twitter
NMI on Facebook
NMI on Twitter
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.
Intro Music Composed by Erik Osmond.