Seattle – the emerald city of Starbucks and the location for the Shop.org Summit, the National Retail Federation’s yearly event for digital and multichannel retailers. This year more than 5000 marketing professionals will travel to the Pacific Northwest to learn, network, and determine how they can be at the forefront of “retail’s digital rush,” this year’s summit theme.
So how can you make the most out of this event? Here are several tips to make the most out of your time there and several more that pertain to omni-channel marketing.
1. Walk the floor. The best way to learn about the players in the space is if you meet with them directly (with that being said, be sure to say hi to us).
2. Identify the breakout sessions that pertain to your business objectives. From leveraging social media to exploring conversion techniques – there are many excellent and timely topics that will be presented at the summit.
3. Know who else is attending. Whether you’re there to gather market intelligence, or to bolster your prospecting efforts, it’s always beneficial to have an understanding of the brands in attendance.
When it comes to omni-channel marketing (a hot topic at this year’s summit), MediaMath has extensive experience helping retailers fully realize their omni-channel strategies. Below you will find 3 tips that we recommend to retailers who are looking to augment their digital marketing practices.
1. Understand, target, and measure
• Align your offline and online data sets for a more comprehensive view of the customer across, and by, channel.
• Activate the insights and data you’ve gleamed in order to make smarter marketing decisions down the entire marketing funnel. Fill the top of the funnel by identifying pockets of opportunity and drive new customers to engage with your brand.
• Measure the impact of your omni-channel messaging efforts on sales – both online & in-store. More conversions will be attributable to campaign impressions, resulting in a improvement in ROI performance.
2. Create “yes and” partnerships
• In today’s world marketing is technology driven; it enables the onboarding of offline data for targeting, cross-media execution, and provides transparency into what’s working. When the brand, agency and tech partner come together to leverage the power of a platform tremendous success follows.
3. Break down the silos
• Technology should serve as the foundation to unify data sets and fragmented media. However, when your technology is combined with unified goals within the organization your teams can truly move forward in pursuit of exceeding business objectives.
Be sure to stay out of the rain, stay caffeinated, and set up time to speak with us while you’re at Shop.org. For more information about MediaMath Retail, click here.