Today, we’re thrilled to announce that MediaMath has been named a Leader in the Gartner 2018 Magic Quadrant for Ad Tech.1 This is the third evaluation of MediaMath by a major analyst firm in less than 18 months, and we’re happy to see our independent, omnichannel platform being recognized as a market leader once again. You can access the full report here.
The Magic Quadrant is a market research report prepared by Gartner analysts that evaluates companies in different industries to provide an overview of a market and its trajectory and maturity. Providers are assessed on their ability to execute and for completeness of vision. The quadrants include “Challengers,” “Leaders,” “Niche Players” and “Visionaries.” As part of the evaluation process for a Magic Quadrant, Gartner analysts review a vendor demo, overview of capabilities and client references. For this inaugural Magic Quadrant for Ad Tech, Gartner included technologies for managing advertisements across all channels, including display, video, mobile and social, with functions for targeting, campaign design, bid-management, analysis, optimization and automation of digital advertising.
We are the leading DSP in the “Leaders” quadrant and were recognized as an ad tech leader for our completeness of vision and ability to execute. We believe our strengths include:
- Clear product vision: All of the products we design and build at MediaMath encompass the principles of consumer-first, open and enterprise—the tools that empower marketers to delight customers and drive real business outcomes. We’re partnering with the best-of-breed technology companies, like IBM, Akamai and Oracle, to incorporate these principles into our entire product portfolio, all with the end goal of “making marketing everyone loves.” For instance, we are partnering to create an open, enterprise-class, pseudonymous identity solution, punctuated by our support of the IAB’s DigiTrust initiative to build shared identification infrastructure and a product development partnership with Oracle around cross-device recognition, measurement and attribution. We are also working to clean up the supply chain by applying blockchain and related technologies to solve long-standing transparency issues through our work with Underscore CLT and eliminating as much fraud as we can through our Curated Market premium media offering.
- Investment in artificial intelligence: MediaMath’s optimization is built on our proprietary “Brain” algorithm, now in its fifth generation, and goes well beyond rules-based systems. We also invite clients to “bring your own algorithm” to plug into our buying platform. We are working with IBM Watson to bring their industry-leading AI capabilities into our tool set, enabling the extraction of predictive signals from exposure to large amounts of data, including unstructured data such as weather and sentiment. Marketers can leverage this data to make better bidding decisions, converting this data into actionable insights that can be used to tailor marketing messaging. None of our peers offers this level of machine-learning prowess.
- Transparency at all levels: We provide full transparency into the media-buying process in all areas, including costs, data and tactics, and we are cross-channel, open and partner-philic in everything that we do. MediaMath has long been a leader in giving more transparency and control to clients through the evolution of our sales materials and processes, business practices and technical documentation. We did this first by being among the first movers to deliver a completely self-service offering; then by introducing tools for clients to manage their own media and data supply chain directly (e.g. private marketplaces and ability to access their own supply contracts within the platform); and, most recently, the unbundling of our platform fees through modular pricing and, on a software basis, through modular software APIs.
We are so proud to see the work that we have put into our open, buyside-aligned platform over the past 11 years being recognized by the analyst community. We will continue to build our products and services in a way that helps marketers realize business outcomes while putting their consumers first.
Download the Gartner 2018 Magic Quadrant for Ad Tech to learn more about:
- Market evaluation and analysis of the key ad tech vendors
- Key strengths and cautions for each vendor
- Customer references highlighting real-life experiences with multi-channel advertising technologies
1. Gartner 2018 Magic Quadrant for Ad Tech, Andrew Frank, Lizzy Foo Kune, James Meyers and Eric Schmitt [Oct. 11, 2018]
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose